How to take Care of Silk material
Who doesn’t love the look and feel of silk? Even though how much we like to wear it we always feel overprotective towards taking care of them. Trust me it is not very difficult to take care of this beautiful material. Here are some points which you need to keep in mind while using this material.
- Always dry clean. This keeps your clothes new for a longer period. It extends the life of silk material and keeps it smooth as always.
- If you don’t have much time to go for a dry clean, it can be hand – washed too. But you need to use appropriate detergent powder which is “suitable”. Never use bleach to wash your silk clothes, bleach damages its fibers. Put the garment in cold water and mix detergent. Soak for 5 minutes and then gently wash it. You can also use fabric conditioner which retains the shining of your clothes.
- Do not roughly fold or swish them when wet, it can damage fibers and also form wrinkles.
- If you have a steamer at home then use it to remove wrinkles.
- Never use high temperature of iron on silk garments. First flip your garments inside out and then gently iron your clothes at low heat. And yes, if you do not want stains then don’t wet the cloth.
- Store silk clothes in a cool and dry place. These clothes often form creases so do not fold and leave them for a long period.
- Always use a fabric bag (Available in the market at 50/- for one piece) to store the garments.
- Keep your silk clothes away from direct sun’s heat as it may fade the colors of the fabric.
By following these small steps you can keep your clothes bright and shiny for a longer period of time.