Do you Save Money While Traveling?
Holidays are a perfect way to rejuvenate. We all are tied up in hectic schedules and stressed most of the time. Holidays help us in reviving ourselves from the daily grind and give us the energy to fight back again.
No wonder holidays are revitalizing. However, a lot of effort goes in planning a successful trip, especially when you are tight on budget. Even if there are no budget constraints, people like to save as much as possible. As a traveler, you would be surprised to know that few simple tips can actually save you a big deal of money.
While planning a trip, the biggest expenditure is on flight tickets, hotels, and local transportation. Most of the travelers believe that on a holiday, you can either have fun or you can save. Both cannot be done together. Well! That’s not correct. With these money saving tips, you can actually enjoy your trip as well as save some money.
- Plan a budget – This is the most critical part of planning. You definitely need to set an amount to determine how much you can spend to make your holiday comfortable and also don’t spend recklessly. Setting up a budget will help you plan each and every aspect of the trip perfectly.
- Research the internet for cheap flights – Thankfully, in today’s e-commerce world there are many travel portals that provide cheap air tickets to domestic and international destinations. However, it depends on a lot of factors. There are many websites like Tripadvisor, Make My Trip and Goibibo that provide discount coupons or cash back offers for booking tickets with them. Planning your trip well in advance can also score you discounts on flight tickets. Compare prices from ten different websites and then make your bookings accordingly.
- Look for home stays – Off lately, homestays or Couchsurfing have become quite popular amongst the traveling community. A lot of people are opting for service apartments or renting a room because it gives them flexibility and is a lot cheaper than regular hotels. Also, the amenities provided are equivalent to the one given in the hotels.
- Travel like a local – Most of the people hire cars or taxis to move around in the destination city. It is understood that having your own vehicle gives you a lot of flexibility, but it is also very expensive. So, if you want to save money on your trip, try and roam around using the local transport. Traveling by bus or local trains is a lot cheaper than hiring private vehicles.
- Save on food – One of the biggest advantages of renting a home or taking a homestay is that you have the liberty to cook your own meals. The food itself eats a lot of money on trips. You can buy local produce and prepare home-cooked meals to save money.
- Fly during weekdays – Weekdays are much better to travel when looking for cheap tickets. Air tickets are often expensive on the weekends. Therefore, it is best to travel during the weekday and preferably during the daytime.
- Work during travel – This is majorly a new concept, but quite helpful. You can either go for some volunteer work or look up for some freelance work which can help you earn while you travel. For volunteering, you can ask for a stay or food in exchange. It is a great way to save money on trips.
These are some basic, yet effective tips to save money on the trip. But even before doing this, you need to have funds to plan a trip. If you don’t have enough money to spend on a trip, here are some ways through which you can arrange funds.
- Take a travel loan – With the availability of instant loans today, you can get the amount credited in 24hrs. But you need to meet the basic eligibility criteria to apply for a loan. Travel loans are short-term loans that do not require any security deposits and almost no documentation. Just by entering your necessary personal details, income and PAN details, you can apply for a personal loan. Only if your details are approved by the lender, the money will be disbursed to you. But be ready for a higher rate of interest.
- Apply for travel credit cards – If you have a good credit score, you can easily apply for a travel card that can earn you a lot of benefits in the form of a discount on tickets, travel insurances, accommodations etc. Travel credit cards are of great help in saving money on your trips. Like, if you see Citibank credit cards they provide you numerous deals in traveling in that you get complimentary lounge access and lost card liability cover along with air accident death cover. Moreover, cards by such global banks can be used anywhere in the world.
- Save early – This is the basic mantra to arrange money for any purpose. Saving a certain percentage of your income monthly is always necessary. If you have a good amount of money saved, you can use it at your own disposal.
Use these money saving tips next time when you plan your travel.