Food Souvenirs You Must Take Home For Your Friends
Traveling to India? You must be thinking what should you get for your friends and family back home? India is a land of diverse culture, tradition, and food. An exploration journey on Indian food will never leave you disappointed. Though available in various parts of the world, here are some of the most unique food souvenirs that you must bring back from India.
- Tea: In India, tea is a very common beverage. The washermen to the patriarchal heads of families, all enjoy the famous Indian Tea flavours. You will find various varieties of tea that are organic, handmade and crafted to perfection. Some of the unique tea varieties are Black Tea, Green Tea, Lavender Tea, Masala Tea, Rosella Tea, etc. Spices are added to the tea powders to give them a rich and unique flavour which undoubtedly invigorate your senses during each cup.
<script async src=”//pagead2.
- Pickle: Pickles are a part of the Indian cuisine. They are used as side dishes, especially in elaborate meals. Pickles a concentrated mixture of tasty spices and a main vegetable or fruit such as mango, lime, gooseberry, etc. There are various varieties of pickles available, and the best part is that they can be stored safely for long periods of time. The rich salt, sugar or spice keeps the pickle fresh and flavourful. Your favourite pickle is a must have food souvenir from India.
- Spice Box: India is popular not only for growing spices but using them liberally in food preparation. Almost all Indian dishes require the use of a combination of various spices in order to prepare a delicious dish. You might want to consider buying a Spice Box souvenir that contains: clove, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom, saffron, etc.
- Indian snacks: You must have noticed how Indians are fond of various snacks. They are irresistibly tasty. Indian cuisine has various snacks, most of which are spicy and fried in oil. They are also mixed with a few peanuts and raisins to add to the taste factor. Haldirams’ is one of the oldest and most famous brands of snacks that you can buy as a Food Souvenir from India. They have a variety of snacks such as fried gram, fried mixtures, peanuts, and other interesting and tasty snacks.
- Dry fruits: Indian sweets are utterly sweet and delicious, almost to a point of addiction. It’s easy to see why sweets and desserts are an important part of the cuisine. Slivers of dry fruits and cardamom are added to most desserts to enhance their flavour and texture. Dry fruits are a must have food souvenir from India. Some of the dry fruits you ought to try are almond, pistachio, cashew, raisins, figs, walnuts etc. A good option would be to purchase a box of assorted dry fruits. These are travel-friendly and can also be stored for long periods of time.
This guide will definitely help you to decide which food souvenirs to carry back to the comfort of your home.