I heard a lot of times”stop eating bread, its not healthy” I challenged those people and came out with these amazingly nutritious recipes made out of the healthy atta bread. Guess what, they all loved them!!Try them out, you would love them too!!
1) Carrot and Butter Garlic Toast
Ingredients: 1 grated carrot, 2 slices of atta bread, 3 minced garlic cloves, ½ tablespoon butter, salt to taste, ½ tablespoon black pepper powder.
- Heat a Tawa/non-stick pan and put a little butter.
- Mix garlic and butter and apply this paste on the bread slices.
- Toast the slices on both the sides.
- Now spread the grated carrot and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Serve it hot to enjoy the crispiness and fresh aroma of the dish.
2) Breadilly Upma
Ingredients: 2 slices of atta bread( cut into small squares), 1 small onion chopped, 2-3 french beans chopped, 1/2 medium sized carrot finely chopped, 1 spring onion finely chopped, 1 tea spoon mustard seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, salt to taste, ½ tablespoon oil or ghee.
- Heat a kadhai/wok and put oil or ghee.
- Put the mustard seeds and asafoetida
- As soon as the seeds crackle, put the onions and let them change color a little before adding the remaining vegetables.
- Now cook the veggies for 4-5 minutes and add a spoon of water just to avoid them to get burnt.
- Add the bread pieces, mix well.
- Cover the kadhai/wok and cook for 1-2 minutes so that the bread can absorb the flavor.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander
- Serve hot
3) The so colourful sandwich
Ingredients: 3-4 fresh mint leaves chopped,1 small shredded carrot,1/2 medium sized finely chopped cucumber, 1 finely chopped tomato,2 finely chopped big salad leaves,1/2 small shredded beetroot, 2 slices of atta bread, ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together thoroughly
- Now spread the mixture on the bread slices evenly
- Grill the sandwich.
- Eat it crisp.
4) The non-cheesy Breadizza
Ingredients: ½ green & ½ red bell pepper finely chopped, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 small tomato finely chopped,2 tea spoon boiled/steamed corns, 1 small de-seeded green chilly finely chopped, 1 slice of atta bread, 1 tea spoon butter, salt to taste and some oregano, 2 tablespoon tomato sauce.
- Heat a wok and put the butter
- Put the vegetables in the wok as soon as the butter starts to melt
- Cook the vegetables until soft
- Toast the bread slice in a toaster or tawa as you may like
- Spread the tomato ketchup evenly on the toast
- Now spread the vegetable mixture on the toast
- Cut the slice into four parts
- Eat fresh
George Bernard Shaw rightly said “There is no sincerer love than the love of food”