Buying a pet seems one of the most confusing decisions in the majority of Indian households. Often there happen long discussions among the family members about the Pros and Cons of buying a pet.
Here is a list of the advantages and the disadvantages of owning a pet:
- You never feel lonely at home even when you are alone. The barks, chirps, mews or movements in the fish tank always accompany you.
- Your children have a good company to play with.
- Dogs are faithful and provide safety; birds, rabbits, and cats are cute while the fishes and turtles are said to be auspicious.
- They disappear all your worries and sadness within few seconds.
- They bring in the owners a sense of responsibility, care, concern, and sharing.
- They fill you with positivity and it is proven that pets are the best to remove depression.
- You may feed them with special food or with the food cooked at your home but it is an additional burden to the household expenses.
- Dogs need to go for a walk; fish tanks and bird cages are to be cleaned at regular intervals- Both time and effort required.
- They create a mess in your home at times- leaving fur on the carpets and sofa, dragging your shoes everywhere or eating vegetables from the basket just to seek your attention.
- Their bodies are delicate and may fall ill more often than you demanding your time and medicines.
- You cannot go out on a long holiday unless you hand them to a responsible person.
- Apart from a tortoise, pets have a lesser life than you so you will often have to feel sad while saying a final goodbye to them.
They may be a friend but are a responsibility as well. Think wisely before buying a pet.