The waterfall of pearls slowly pours down from the sky drop by drop. Since how long have the thirsty earth longed for the feeling of raindrops!The rains had to break the monotony of summer months and here comes the monsoon. Let’s stay raw this Monsoon!
This Monsoon season, you can just go out of your little abode and get mesmerized in the lap of nature. The kids are over with their exams, you and your partner desperately want to skim the weariness and break the monotony, then it’s the perfect time to get charged!
Destination: Golden Woods, Sakleshpura.
Where is it situated? : Malnad region, Karnataka
How to get there? : Fastest route: via NH75, 221km from Bangalore.
Why Golden Woods? : 10 reasons why you pick Golden Woods as perfect stay this Monsoon.
- Strengthen your bonds: Golden Woods has something for each and everyone. Whether you are looking for a romantic stay, a family gateway, adventure or leisure and this place offers it all. Build new bonds or rejuvenate your old ones. No network, no Wi-Fi, no television, Golden Woods offers the goodness of a perfect vacation.
- Coffee Plantation: Golden Woods is nestled in the midst of Harley estate, one of the India’s best coffee plantations. Initiated back in 1860’s and followed by five generations, this place is an example of preservation of your own roots, culture, and heritage.
- Preservation of environment and protection of wildlife: The estate not only grow varieties of coffee but also observes various plantations- areca, coconut, cocoa, cardamom, pepper, and vanilla in order to provide sustainable growth to the crops and preservation and protection to the environment. It also serves as a natural habitat for the wildlife. This place is a corridor for elephants!
- Trekking pleasure: A walk in the misty morning around the estate will leave you speechless. Enjoy the freshness, the calmness, the purity of nature. The trek will lead you to an outdoor excursion to estate grounds, the office bungalow, coffee and pulping lab. One will also be taken through a coffee tasting session along with knowing the goodness of coffee. Don’t forget to get your phone or camera ready to capture a picturesque view of the region.
- Adventure seekers and Bird Watchers: Harley estate is an amazing place for adventure seekers and bird watchers. Hiking, Biking, Trekking- one can pick any activity according to their interest. Picnics can be arranged by the stream as per request. You can either play badminton or chess too!
- Stay in a state of bliss: Golden woods provide four different types of stay, one can pick as per their choice. Each home is unique in their concept, architecture, and experience and is few kilometers apart. Let’s have a quick look at their amazing home-stays.
- Whispering Trees: Built on a modern concept, it is equipped with present-day amenities- hall with a glass wall, dining and sitting out area on the terrace. This house is perfect for a large group of friends or a joint family as it comprises of 3 rooms with a large porch, terrace and a central courtyard. It is attached to the main kitchen and the dining area.
- Brick Cottage: If you are looking for a cozy, romantic stay then Brick Cottage should be your pick. It is situated next to the Whispering Trees and will compel you to drive back to the unforgettable past. The Brick Cottage empathizes with the charm and simplicity which is typical of the countryside. One can have a unique skylit shower experience having a tree growing through it.
- HillTop Coutyard: As the name suggests, this house will guarantee you a panoramic view of the hills and lush green vegetations. You can also enjoy the fruits grown in their courtyard of Hill Top Courtyard.
- Farmer’s Home: A 100-year-old earth house situated in the midst of the estate which offers you the warmth and coziness of the stay. It is built in an old-fashioned manner without destructing its true essence. Come and feel the bliss in the midst of paddy fields.
- Authentic Food and Camp-Fire: Indulge in some authentic, freshly cooked Malnad food which I am sure your taste buds will appreciate. Enjoy the sweetness of freshly grown organic vegetables in their courtyard. They also serve barbecue in the evenings. If it doesn’t rain then you can enjoy the Camp-Fire too. Unlimited tea/coffee with delicious snacks as per your request.
- Go Organic: The estate uses either Hydro or Solar power to generate their electricity. The area is pollution free, no usage of plastics and appreciates the consumption of only freshly grown fruits and vegetables.
- Use the Library: If you are a voracious reader then you may find books of your interest in their library. You can also carry your favorite ones and make use of that tranquillity in their Bibliotheca.
- Sightseeing: The Harley estate is situated few kilometers from the famous places you always heard of. One can drive to Belur, Halebeedu, Devarunda and Shravanabelagola temples. If you are an adventure fanatic then Jog Falls, Bisle Forest, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary can be one of your picks.